Did you know that poor medication compliance is a problem in Singapore -- especially among the elderly?
This is why we're requesting for your donation to sponsor medication devices for the low-income elderly in Chinatown.
WHY WE ARE DOING THIS
It is common for the elderly to take several medicines per day. Combined with cognitive decline in old age and complicated regimens, this makes medicine management a challenge for them.
Madam Chen's story is far from being unique.
Like her, many elderly live alone and may not have a family member to help them sort the medicine and remind them to take it.
WHAT WE HAVE DEVELOPED
This is why we have developed Pillpresso -- a personal, home-based assistant to help the elderly living alone to sort their medicine, and remind them to take their medicines.
Co-developed with the elderly and healthcare professionals, some of Pillpresso's key features are:
- Simplify medicine sorting -- reduce time, effort & human error
- Provide real-time monitoring of medication compliance
- Notify family members or healthcare providers in event of missed medicines
- Alerts when medicine supply is low
Watch our product demo and interview on the Channel 8 news here.
HOW YOUR DONATIONS WILL BE USED
We are working with Yong-En Care Centre -- a non-profit organisation that supports the needy in Chinatown and beyond -- to identify several elderly users who eat multiple medicines per day and have trouble remembering to take them.
Many of them are on Public Assistance, with no ability to afford our device.
Hence, 100% of the funds raised will be used to purchase Pillpresso, and place them in the homes of the low-income elderly who require help with managing their medicines.
Our fundraising target is $10,000, and Singtel has offered to MATCH the amount you donate!
(up to S$10,000)
With every dollar you give, your contribution now DOUBLES.
Your support will mean that the elderly poor can take their medicines correctly, age well at home and stay out of the hospital.
- To ensure transparency and accountability, our team will update our campaign page regularly for funders to track our progress. Funders will also get updates over email and on our Facebook page.
- When Pillpresso has been delivered to the elderly beneficiaries, we will provide photos of the beneficiaries with Pillpresso and a letter of acknowledgement from the community provider(s).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can Pillpresso be used for the elderly without smartphones?
Yes. Their family member or healthcare professional can do the initial set-up on the mobile app. The elderly user only needs to interact with the Pillpresso device afterwards.
- When will Pillpresso be delivered to the elderly beneficiaries?
We expect that production will be completed by Q2 2018 earliest. The actual timing may vary depending on the manufacturer's lead times.
Regardless, we are committed to shipping out Pillpresso as soon as we receive the devices from the manufacturer.
You can keep track of our progress on this campaign page, via email (for ALL donors) or on our Facebook page.
- When will the product be available to the general public for sale?
Pillpresso will be available for sale to the general public in Q4 2018.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Pillpresso is an award-winning health-tech startup that aims to improve medication adherence. We're proudly supported by NUS Enterprise, Access Health, Singtel and SPRING Singapore.
For the past 2 years, our team has worked on this full-time without any pay – all with the aim of designing a product that will bring value to the vulnerable elderly.
Singtel is supporting this crowdfunding campaign with a 1-for-1 matching (up to S$10,000) as part of the Singtel Future Makers social innovation programme. To find out more about Singtel Future Makers, please visit https://futuremakers.singtel.com